Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What is wrong with my plant?

I have a rhoeo (oyster plant, moses in the cradle) plant and the leaves were very thick and green, purple-ish and they would stick upright, but the plant started dying a few days after I bought it home, and so I repotted it, watered it, took better care of it, and now it has grown back very weird, the plant grows in tall, green skinny stems, the plant grows so tall that it bends over, what can be wrong with it? It looks nothing like the other Rhoeo plants except one thick leaf that survived. It grows extremely fast.

What is wrong with my plant?
Maybe this website will help. As, I have never heard of it before.
Reply:By chance are you spraying miracle grow on it? If so you are using too much nitrogen and the plant is working on the foilage and getting "leggy" instead of busing out..Miracle grow is great..but not when your trying to get a new plant to take root..for it is focusing on the foilage..if this is the cause...get a low nitrogen fertilizer, and get one with higher phospherous in it, then it will focus on the roots more..instead of foilage.

arenas

No comments:

Post a Comment